Following the announcement that Carnival Cruise Line was working on adding new vegan options to its menu across the fleet, the new dishes have now been revealed, along with the planned rollout schedule.
The menu will be offered in all the Main Dining Room venues across the Carnival fleet, ensuring that guests will always have a selection of dishes they can enjoy.
Previously, Carnival’s vegan options were extremely limited – it’s one of the reasons I’ve never booked a cruise with them, but now I’m tempted.
Here are some of the new options:
- Hawaiian Salmon Poke (see main image above) – plant-based salmon, edamame, mango and cucumber
- Stuffed Mushrooms – four fried mushrooms stuffed with plant-based cheeses and spinach
- Spaghetti Carbonara – pasta with vegan bacon, onion and garlic. Also available as an entree.
The entrees include:
- Grilled Tofu Steak – savory steak with honey barbecue sauce, with Hasselback potato and mixed vegetables
- Baked Vegetable Au Gratin – medley of mixed vegetables with vol-au-vent and melted plant-based cheeses
- Eggplant Cutlet a la Parmigiana – covered in savory vegan mozzarella and topped with pesto and basil
The three dessert options are:
- Key Lime Velvet Cake – a fruity twist on the classic, including raspberry and strawberry
- Dutch Double Chocolate Pave – alternating layers of cake and buttercream frosting
- Cappuccino Pot de Creme – cinnamon creme chantilly with coffee flavours
The new menu is already available on Carnival Magic and will be offered on Carnival Dream shortly.
By the end of September 2023, it will be available on Carnival Valor, Carnival Radiance, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Panorama and Mardi Gras. Then by late October, guests can enjoy it on Carnival Celebration, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Glory, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Vista, Carnival Breeze, Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Elation.
Carnival Paradise and Carnival Spirit guests will be able to order from the menu by the end of November, before finally Carnival Legend, Carnival Venezia and Carnival Jubilee offer it up by the end of the year.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Food on P&O Britannia
- Disney Cruise Vegan Options & How to Order
- SeaDream Yacht Club Introduces New Vegan Dining Options